Thursday, June 24, 2010

Tips And Tricks and San Diego Gem Faire

If you don't already know, this is a heads up that I am going to be using my Artfire Blog for Tips and Tricks for selling handmade. Nothing fancy or technical, just some things I've noticed and learned, and would have liked to have learned much sooner.

I am also going to be posting articles about specific gemstones, and have chosen Amazonite as the first gem to feature. I may do something similar here and tie it in together somehow. Maybe keep basics on the artfire blog, and use this one for more and different legends, myths, and lore, and link them together.

Lastly, this weekend I am heading to Gem Faire! I am very excited. I have been to a bead show once, but never a gem faire. I love gemstones. I'm going to try to remember to bring my camera, but no promises! I have no idea if I'll buy anything, but I probably will. I really, really don't need more beads. But if I see something super unique or just flat out gorgeous, well, all bets are off. I'm hoping my best friend comes with me.

I've somehow sprained my wrist, so I'll do a longer entry later. Thanks as always.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun at the gem faire, but don't expect great deals on lots of gems. I went to the same show as a wholesale buyer in April in San Diego expecting real wholesale prices, but I can get the same gems online at other outlets for less than most of the vendors were asking. It is just too retail for those of us who do buy wholesale. but you will be totally overwhelmed and thrilled by the sheer number of tables full of gems and beads and more!!!

Total Pageviews