Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Update

Just a friendly update to let you know what is going on. You may have noticed that I haven't been adding many new pieces lately. Part of that is that I haven't been doing great physically, but things seem to be looking up, so I do have some pieces waiting to be listed that I hope to get around to by the weekend. The other part is that I have been working on some other things.

I have been working more with silk florals lately. I have completed a set of two bobby pins with purple orchids and a hair tie adorned with a purple orchid. This is a new orchid, not the previous orchids I have used, these are larger. I am not sure if I will offer all three pieces as a set, or have one listing for the set of bobby pins and sell the hair tie separately. Have a preference? I'd love to hear it. I also have white orchids with purple details, also in a set of two bobby pins and a hair tie. The choice of the color purple is not exactly mine, it is what was available and what was pretty. I will admit that I do purchase items in my favorite colors--red, pink, and black--more often than other colors, I rely more on beauty than color. If I see something pretty in a color I dislike, I will buy it, because I do not make most of my pieces for myself. Do I love the pieces I make? Of course! Would I wear most of them? Actually, no, I wouldn't. I know that doesn't quite add up and I can't explain it, but that's how I work.

I also started a bracelet with the purple orchids and a separate bracelet with the white orchids, both bracelets are stretch bracelets, the flowers attached to elastic. So it will fit just about everyone. I have completed a bracelet with white daisies, I have embellished the daisies with gold glitter. I am working on daisy bobby pins and a hair tie, as well as another bracelet, this on a length of sheer white organza ribbon, with a single perfect daisy. It is very feminine and daisies have always screamed Spring to me. I also have a set of bobby pins and a hair tie with a yellow orchid. Again, orchids aren't exactly a favorite flower of mine, but they are beautiful, and I enjoy working with beautiful things.

I just finished a three strand necklace made of various pink beads, including Swarovski, glass, gemstones and shells. I am working on a pair of earrings to match, however, these earrings are special--they will not match each other! I am very close to finishing a project I have had a lot of fun with: a woodland crown. It is a small grapevine wreath interwoven with strands of green beads to form vines. It is decorated with flower beads in all shades and glass leaves. There are also acrylic flowers and silk florals decorating the crown, and green and clear beads for sparkle. I am also nearly finished with my first Intention Jewelry piece, and this first will represent love. It is made with rose quartz and pink aventurine, both gemstones are known to attract love in many forms, romantic and friendly love.

My next projects will include a few Spring themed crowns in pinks and bright Spring greens. I am hoping to introduce floral brooches very soon. I am working on more rose hair clips. And have begun working on beaded toe rings. I hope to offer many different colors, if you have a favorite, let me know!

That is what is happening for now, if any new and exciting projects pop up, I will be sure to share them here! As always, thank you for reading and supporting Moonlight Eternal!

No comments:

Total Pageviews