Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Look!

A new year and a new look! I have been busy lately and neglecting this blog but that is something I plan to rectify for 2010. Wow, 2010! Am I the only one who slips and calls it oh-10, like we did with 'oh' nine? (09)

I plan on trying a lot of new things this year. I have a few bath and body samples up right now, and plan to work on bath and body items intermittently throughout the year, as I have time. Jewelry will always be my #1, but it's interesting to 'play' with bath and body to prevent that burn out that can happen when you focus too hard on one thing. Most will be samples and small quantities, I do bath and body for fun, not business (at the moment, anyway ;) ). I also want to try my hand at making tarts or wickless candles. I love these little tarts, they suit me perfectly! I adore scents and have many perfumes, and never wear the same perfume two days in a row. My capricious nature loves variety. With tarts, I can switch out scents all the time, instead of burning a candle three times before putting it away and forgetting about it.

I have a bunch of new items just waiting to be listed once I finish all the pictures! Lots and lots of new rings! Also rainbow moonstone, goldstone, and freshwater pearls. Cupcakes, roses, and hearts. Valentine's is coming up, after all!

In keeping with the "new" theme, I am learning a lot of new jewelry techniques which I hope to put into use as soon as possible. One of these is beadweaving, which has always interested me but is so very intricate with those teeny tiny beads. I don't have the patience for loom work, but I'm excited to try lacy patterns and fringes.

I am also going to start a new line of jewelry called Intention Jewelry. Think of these pieces as a physical embodiment of things you want or are close to. I'm creating these pieces based on spiritual properties, folklore, history and traditional knowledge of various gems and natural materials, such as pearls and shells. These pieces will work on the basis of positive thought. They are designed to remind you of what you want to do, become, attain, and give you a gentle nudge to keep thinking positive. They are meant to focus your intentions and provide solace on those days when nothing seems to go right. On that note, I would simply love to create custom pieces along these lines. What you hope for, personal tastes, such as favorite colors or animals, things or symbols that are special to you. But the regular line will include things like love, success, luck, friendship and the like.

There are many more things I have planned, but I have to keep a few surprises tucked away. As always, thank you for reading and supporting Moonlight Eternal. I very much appreciate your support. And for your viewing pleasure, check out the gorgeous beads below and be sure to visit their shop to find even more lovely lampwork beads.

No comments:

Total Pageviews