Thursday, September 10, 2009

Head Pieces

I've been thinking about head pieces for a while. But until recently, I couldn't figure out how to make the base. But now, I've discovered using the stems from silk florals works perfectly. I'm glad I saved all those stems now! I really don't like throwing craft things away, even if I don't know how I can currently use it, because who knows if I'll need it later?? And this time, it paid off!

I have a couple pictures of works in progress. I'm currently finishing up the piece with pink roses and am halfway through the fall leaves.


These are ribbon leaves. Yes, that's ribbon! I need to order more, I only ordered a small amount to try it out, and I love it! I also have it in green, orange, and black. I'm working on separate Halloween pieces with the black and orange leaves, of course.

This is the fall leaves piece. I'm not sure whether I'm going to make it solely fall leaves or add in some flowers, but either way, I'm going to fill it in a lot more.


These are the ribbons attached. The fall headpiece is not a complete circle, but rather a U shape. I finished off the ends with loops and tied ribbons to it. The ribbons trail down the back prettily, but you can tie the satin ribbon to customize the fit.


Here is the pink rose piece. I am going to fill this one in a bit more with leaves. This is a full circle. After I wrap it with tape, I'll add pink satin ribbons for adornment.


I call these head 'pieces' simply because I don't know what else to call them. They aren't really crowns, tiaras, or circlets. They aren't headbands. I have a few names floating around, perhaps 'nature circlet' or 'nature crown'. It seems to be most like a crown, that it sits on the head, not the brow. It's obviously not a headband or hair clip of any type. Until I find something I'm happy with, I will refer to them as head pieces.

As a treat to my blog readers, I have a permanent coupon for you: 15% off everything in my artfire shop. Simply use the code BLOG at checkout. One use only, but it doesn't expire for a year!

Thank you for reading and choosing Moonlight Eternal.

No comments:

Total Pageviews