Thursday, June 4, 2009

New! New! New!

A few new things going on that I would love to expand on. First off, stretch jewelry is now available at my Artfire shop. The category for stretch jewelry is still bare, but I am making more pieces. I plan on many more bracelets, rings and toe rings. Maybe even anklets. I've had requests for stretch gemstone jewelry, and this is something that I unfortunately can not guarantee. Here's why: stretch cord is not the strongest of cording material. Anyone who has used it knows that it's very easy to cut. This is a problem because many gemstone beads have rough holes drilled in them. This means that the edges of the holes may be jagged or sharp, which will wear through the stretch cord eventually. I am currently doing some testing to see just how strong the cording I'm using is and working with double strand techniques to see if there is anyway to extend the life of the cord. So I can promise more stretch jewelry, but can't promise gems, yet.

I have also listed my first toe ring, which is stretch cording, too. It is very simple and, in my opinion, very cute and perfect for summer. I plan on many more of these types of toe rings, in different colors and shapes. I am also experimenting with wire wrapped toe rings, as well.

It's not listed yet, but I have been practicing making beaded bobby pins and I can't wait to list them. They are a great way to add just a little something extra. I've always loved things that are pretty AND functional. I have also finally managed to complete some flower hair clips, I'm hoping to list them soon and hopefully make some more. For some reason, they can be temperamental; sometimes they come out right, sometimes they don't. So far, I have a black rose, a pink rose, a daisy and a lotus. I have a huge assortment of flowers to work with, though, so hopefully I can start to make more of those in time for summer!

One of the biggest new features is the arrival of custom sets. What are custom sets? Custom sets allow you to customize our jewelry choices. Each listing is for a set of so many pieces of jewelry. You get to choose which pieces you would like from the selection available. No longer will you be stuck with two choices you love and one you hate, because now you get to choose which pieces you want. Buying in a set also means you save money, both in the price of the jewelry and shipping costs. I currently have bracelet and an earring set, but more are on the way.

The birthday sale was a success and I want to thank everyone who participated! May has been my best month so far, but I have a lot of goals and ideas in mind to make each month even better! I have been keeping a low profile for a while since I injured my left arm. It still isn't as healed as I like, but I have regained some use of it so I hope to make more and list more pieces as soon as I can.

Those are the main features I wanted to discuss. As always, thank you for reading and buying. I truly appreciate it.

Total Pageviews