Monday, April 27, 2009

More and More

I've been making more and more pieces. I've made a lot of thin, colorful bracelets that will look great layered. I've been working on rings... I want to call them multi-strand, which isn't accurate, of course. Multi-band? They're coiled rings, anyway, I will have to post some sneak peek pictures later this week. I have also been working on a lot of anklets.

I'm still using a lot of bright colors and a lot of sparkle. Look for hot pink, turquoise, fuchsia, and lime green. And a lot of Swarovski crystals and faceted glass. And trying to use more shells for Summer, and pearls for Summer nights. I'm making a lot of thin, dainty anklets. I'm also trying to incorporate silk flowers into jewelry and hair accessories. I currently have some daisy earrings and a ring in some different colors, and a lot of pieces in the process. I am leaning towards big, colorful roses and bright cheery daisies. But I've also found some unique flowers, including lotus look-a-likes, tiger lilies, purple orchids, and lily of the valley.

I tried something new tonight, making bridal/prom jewelry. I made a pearl and swarovski anklet, bracelet and choker. The anklet and bracelet are made of multi-colored pearls in shades of peach, cream, and very light pinks. The choker is made of white pearls. The pearls in all three pieces are very small, so they have a very, very dainty appearance. The Swarovski crystals add just the right amount of sparkle without outshining the pearls. I am really pleased with how these pieces turned out. However, I am not making this type of jewelry a priority as of now. I do love creating such pieces, but with the economy the way it is, I prefer to focus on affordable pieces. I won't deny that the economy has been a bit of a stumbling block for me (and most small businesses, I would imagine) but, in a way, it is good to look at is as a challenge. It is challenging me to make jewelry I love for less money that is still beautiful. That still uses gems, even. Pretty doesn't have to equal pricey.

I do plan to debut the hair accessories soon, I am behind on that. There have been some technical difficulties I've been working to iron out. I don't want to introduce a new item until I am satisfied with the final product, and I haven't been quite satisfied yet. I have so many new things I want to try, but I am trying to finish current projects before starting new ones. I love keeping things new, though. Sometimes it can be distracting, but it definitely keeps things fresh for me and my pieces. I highly doubt I will ever get bored with jewelry and accessories because there are an infinite amount of possibilities just waiting.

Keep checking back at my artfire shop, I am always listing new products. I created a ton of new pieces in March and April and I am pretty sure there will be a lot in May, as well. The shop is definitely stocking up on all the Summer jewelry essentials. As always, a good portion of these new pieces are Recession Friendly. Summer beauty doesn't have to equal big bucks.

As always, thank you for reading and shopping!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I want to see this pearl set! You know I'm a bride-to-be. ;) *HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGS*

Total Pageviews