Sunday, March 8, 2009

Slight Delay

So there was a slight delay last week, concerning pricing and listing of jewelry pieces. I have fibromyalgia, a condition characterized by chronic pain and fatigue, and it decided to flare up around Wednesday. I was hoping it wouldn't stick around, but unfortunately it did. But I am doing a little better, now, so tomorrow I will do the final pricing and hopefully start the listing process soon after.

For the month of March, I want to begin a Featured Charity campaign. Each charity will be featured for the duration it takes to raise a certain amount of money. Instead of changing them monthly, I will set a goal, and continue to donate 10% of ALL sales to that charity until the goal is reached. Once it is reached, I will move onto a new charity.

The first charity is a local one, the San Diego Human Society. I think we all know what the humane society does, but for those that don't, here is a bit about them, from their own website:

"Serving San Diego County since 1880, the San Diego Humane Society and SPCA provides vital services to animals and people alike through sheltering and adopting animals, providing positive reinforcement behavior training for adoptable animals and for owned animals through public training classes, investigating animal cruelty and neglect, providing adult and youth education programs, sharing animals through Pet-Assisted Therapy and rescuing animals in emergency situations.

A private nonprofit organization that receives no public or government funding, the San Diego Humane Society and SPCA is supported solely by contributions, grants, bequests, investments, proceeds from its retail outlets and some fees for service."

They are a great organization, not just in San Diego, but all over the United States. Please consider your local Humane Society the next time you are looking for a companion animal.

I am going to set the goal at $50, for at least one month. If we reach the goal before the month is over, I will continue the campaign and make as much money as possible. Otherwise, I will continue until our goal is reached, then choose a new charity.

As for actual jewelry creating and designing, I have come into some really fun beads, which are also extremely affordable, so I hope to add a lot more Recession Friendly pieces made with these beads. They are colorful and have rhinestones! Look for some fun, colorful, slightly 80s inspired jewelry very soon. I have also been using gemstones, of course, and a lot of faceted glass.

I also have some features I would like to add to this blog. One being a feature on websites I love ordering from. Not the big ones, like Sephora or Nordstrom's, but the little family-run businesses. I will also post jewelry sneak peeks, where you can see the jewelry before I list it for sale on Artfire. I would also like to add a Gem of the Month addition, with information on gemstones, including spiritual, metaphysical, folklore and general information. Also, I will offer discounts on pieces which feature the Gem of the Month, special offers ONLY for my blog readers. It may be a percentage off, it may be free shipping. Every month will showcase a new gemstone. I am hoping to add the first some time this week. And I am also considering a giveaway, where you either get the piece listed, free with no strings attached, or you pay a small amount which will go 100% to a charity. So stay with me for all of these new and exciting ideas I have.

As I said, I am still creating, and though the fibromyalgia has delayed me, I am back on my feet and already catching up. I'd like to thank everyone, right now, for reading and visiting any other sites I am on. I appreciate it and all of you, which is why I want to do special things for all of you.

No comments:

Total Pageviews